For a World without Barriers - Removing Obstacles in Daily Life for People with Disabilities
Davos Lab Survey
An initiative of the Global Shapers Community, The Davos Lab is the world's first grassroot and youth-driven COVID-19 recovery plan. The recovery plan will be showcased at the World Economic Forum Special Annual Meeting 2021, which at current pace, will be the world’s first in-person meeting of world leaders since the beginning of the pandemic.
To help account for your views, we've put together a survey across 10 Pillars that will most likely shape the life and outcomes of a child born into today's crisis. The views, ideas and concerns shared in this survey will be synthesized into a recovery plan to then serve as a roadmap for long-term state and industry development.
Do you want to help shape a post-Covid world? Please share your thoughts here and contribute the recovery plan.
ETH Zurich and the Global Shapers Zurich Hub have invited to an online dialogue on the topic "For a World without Barriers - Removing Obstacles in Daily Life for People with Disabilities"
Take a moment to look around and consider what life would be like if activities like going up the stairs, brushing your teeth or making a cup of coffee were a daily challenge. The International Labour Organisation (ILO) estimates that 15% of the world’s population - that’s 1 in 7 people - has a disability.
In this panel discussion hosted by ETH Zurich, we will explore what it takes to empower persons with disabilities, and why educating ourselves on this topic is the first step towards better inclusion. Why do barriers to their social and economic inclusion still remain? Why is developing assistive technologies for people with disabilities important in order to contribute to their integration in society? How do we implement the policies and actions required to enable everyone to live their lives fully?
This session is part of the Davos Lab, an initiative launched by the World Economic Forum’s Global Shapers community, aiming to become the world’s first grassroot and youth-driven global recovery plan.
- Maria Rosanna Fossati, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia and CYBATHLON pilot
- Christian Lohr, Member of the Swiss Parliament and Publicist
- Robert Riener, Full Professor for Sensory-Motor Systems, Department of Health Sciences and Technology, ETH Zurich
- Daniel Vafi, Vice Curator, Global Shapers Zurich Hub and Founding Member, Project Circleg
Click on the names above for more information about the panelists.
- Viktoria Ivarsson, International Relations Officer, ETH Zurich
- Valentine von Toggenburg-Bulliard, Curator, Global Shapers Zurich Hub
Find us on Twitter
- Global Shapers: @GlobalShapers
- Global Shapers Zurich Hub: @ShapersZurich
- ETH Zurich: @ETH_en
- CYBATHLON: @Cybathlon
- Viktoria Ivarsson: @V_Ivarsson
Further information about the Global Shapers